TexaClear® Nighttime Cold & Flu Relief
TexaClear® Nighttime Cold & Flu Relief is a multi-symptom formula that works fast on the symptoms that keep you tossing and turning at night. This nighttime formula works quickly to soothe severe symptoms so you can do the thing your body needs most at nighttime: rest and sleep.
Active ingredients (in each 30 mL (2 TBSP))
Choline Salicylate (NSAID)* 870 mg .........
Diphenhydramine HCI 50 mg .........
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg .........
* nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period.
- use enclosed dose cup
- keep dosage cup with product
- TBSP = tablespoon, mL = milliliter
|adults and children 12 years of age and over:||30 mL (2 TBSP) every 4 hours.|
|children under 12 years of age:||do not use.|
Temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- runny nose
- watery eyes
- temporarily reduces fever
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Salicylates (NSAIDs) may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include: • hives • rash • shock • skin reddening • facial swelling • asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or non-prescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to salicylates (including aspirin) or any other pain reliever/ fever reducer.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)(certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- in children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn or if you have ulcers or bleeding problems
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, diabetes or thyroid disease
- you have a cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- you have difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- you have a persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- you have a chronic pulmonary disease or shortness of breath
- you have a sodium restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking a prescription drug for anticoagulation (thinning the blood) diabetes, gout, or arthritis.
- under a doctor’s care for any serious condition
- taking a diuretic
When using this product
- do not use more than directed
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- you experience any of the following signs of: • stomach bleeding • feel faint • vomit blood • have bloody or black stools • have stomach pain that does not get better
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use salicylates (NSAIDs) during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- each 30 mL (2 TBSP) contains: Sodium 25 mg.
- tamper evident: Do not use if foil seal under cap is broken or missing.
- read all product information before using
- store at 68° to 86°F (20° to 30°C).
- avoid excessive heat and humidity
Questions or comments?
Call 1-888-535-0305 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. CST